- Identify what it means to connect on a personal level.
- Explore things you can do to initiate personal interactions that can lead to connections.
- Discover techniques for syncing up and being actively engaged in a conversation.
- Examine conversation techniques for creating remarkable moments.
- Break down ways to energize your personal network.
Skill Level Intermediate
- One of Winston Churchill's longtime friends said, the first time you meet him, you see all his faults. And you spend the rest of your life discovering his virtues. We all have plenty of faults and even though some may show at the start, even if sometimes we're nervous, unsure, uncomfortable, we can still make great personal connections. And we can get great at making them. And any connection can open a world of opportunities that keep growing as you and others grow and have more to give each other. I'm John Ullmen.
As an executive coach over the past two decades, I've coached hundreds of leaders in dozens of organizations across industries around the world. I've seen what they do to create great personal connections and I've taught it for many years at one of the world's leading schools of management. Practical methods, grounded in social science, validated in practice that anyone can use to create great personal connections. What are those methods? That's what we'll cover. The specific steps to take before, during, and after interactions to build and strengthen connections sooner rather than later.
Join me in my LinkedIn Learning course on Creating Personal Connections.