Self-marketing begins with defining your brand; specifically, what you can do to make or save money for a client. In this video, learn about how to articulate your brand message to network, market, and sell your brand.
- Visibility is credibility. … If people don't know what you do, you can't sell it. … There are three steps in the process of marketing yourself. … I've developed this over time in the classroom … and use it with all my clients. … The first step is to define your brand. … What is it you do exactly? … And more specifically, what can you do to make … or save money for a client? … What is it that's special or unique about you? … In other words, what combination of skills and experience … do you have that would make an employer want to work with you? … Brand is relationship and reputation. … When people in your industry think of you, … what comes to mind? … When your name is mentioned, do you colleagues think … flaky, difficult, unreliable? … Or do they associate you with qualities like creative, good … follow-through, friendly, hardworking and positive attitude? … For example, Dr. Susan Love, for whom I worked … many years ago, is a surgeon, author and advocate … for preventive breast cancer research. …
- Understanding the 21st-century workplace
- Identifying your monetizable passion
- Knowing how to interview well
- Managing your search for work
- Negotiating salary
- Becoming a lifelong learner