Short-term goals help accomplish long-term goals. In this video, find out how to use short-term goals to evaluate whether your long-term goal needs to be adjusted or abandoned and utilize short-term goals to recommit to your ultimate goal.
- We've talked about identifying your goals … and working backwards, … defining the milestones you need to hit … to get to where you want to be, … so now let's talk about short-term and long-term goals. … I'll define a long-term goals as something … that is the fulfillment of dream … and will take many steps to achieve, … and short-term goals are the milestones you need to hit … in order to get there. … We get overwhelmed by just how many steps we'll need to take … to achieve our long-term goals, … and how long the process might last. … Big projects look like a giant mountain … that's really scary to have to climb. … Instead, imagine each of the steps you will need to take … are small hills, easily climbed. … After you've successfully completed each task, … you can congratulate yourself for a job well done. … Eventually you'll have climbed every hill … and accomplished your long-term goal. … Using our previous example of the person … who thinks they want to become a consultant. … Let's say that after doing two or three months of research, …
- Understanding the 21st-century workplace
- Identifying your monetizable passion
- Knowing how to interview well
- Managing your search for work
- Negotiating salary
- Becoming a lifelong learner