This video shows how to create a new prezi from the collection of templates that are available.
- [Instructor] Okay, let's see how to create a new Prezi. I'm here at my dashboard after signing into my Prezi Next account in my browser. Now Prezi officially supports the browsers Google Chrome, the 64-bit version of Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Apple Safari. I think it's generally a good idea to have at least two or three of these browsers installed on your system, so you can get to your Prezzies if one of your browsers is giving you trouble. Or you can do your work in the Prezi desktop app, which we looked at how to download previously. But again, once you sign in, you'll see your dashboard here, and the dashboard is where you'll find all the Prezzies you've previously created.
Now the first time you sign in with Prezi Next, you'll be prompted to walk through the Get Started presentation here, and that'll tell you about some of the Prezi next features. So be sure to look through that once you sign in the first time. But right now I want to create a new Prezi. So I'm going to come over here and click New Presentation. That opens up a new tab, and in a couple of seconds, I see the template chooser, where we can choose a layout that best matches the type of Prezi we have in mind. To help you narrow down the choices, you can click on the categories here on the left, to see templates that have been optimized for these types of presentations.
And these categories actually just jump you to that section of the templates. They're all on the same page, and you can see them all just by scrolling, if that's what you prefer to do. Notice each template also has a level rating underneath it, to tell you how easy or challenging it might be to work with. We have templates for novices, skilled, and master Prezi users. You can click on any template to see a preview of it. And from here you can click the arrows to go through the template and see how it's set up. I can close that and click on another one.
And do the same thing. Now under the general category, you'll also find a blank template in case you want to start completely from scratch, without any elements or pre-designed layouts on the canvas. I think for this example that I'm going to go back and select one of these, just go back to this strategy to the top template. And again I can check out a preview of it by clicking, and if this is the one I want to go with, I'll just click Use This Template. So now it's creating a new Prezi based on this template, and now we're looking at the editing view of this new Prezi.
This is where you're going to be spending the majority of your time, because this is where you can add, arrange, and otherwise manage all the content of your presentation. Notice this help panel has opened up here, so I can take some lessons, and see how to create my Prezi. I'm just going to minimize that. And that lets the Prezi itself take up the majority of the window. Alright, so that's how to create a new Prezi. Next we'll take a walk through this editing area to familiarize ourselves with the Prezi Next interface.
- Creating a new Prezi
- Editing topics and subtopics
- Adding text, images, audio, video, and charts
- Using animation
- Working with collaborators
- Integrating with Slack
- Presenting your Prezi
- Sharing your Prezi
- Tracking the performance of your Prezi