Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Create collaboration opportunities, part of Executive Leadership.
- The best executive leaders obsess about … how to get people to work together effectively … at all levels of the organization. … I've been in countless organizational talent reviews, … succession plans and promotion discussions. … Thinking and contributing beyond one's role … is what senior leaders are looking for … in future senior leaders. … How can you create more collaboration? … Here's what to do. … One, reach out to people beyond your direct tasks, … ask about their priorities, … offer to help and then follow through. … You'll stand out in a positive way and set an example, … showing others how to do it by doing it. … Two, take initiative to reach out … to your key peers routinely, … and ask for feedback and suggestions … about how you collaborate. … Say, "It's important to me that we work well together. … "What's going well, and what else do you need from me?" … Three, offer to work on cross-functional initiatives. … Four, communicate the importance … of collaboration consistently, …
- The four disciplines of executive leadership
- Thinking strategically
- Creating shared purpose
- Inspiring confidence—even under pressure
- Motivating and communicating
- Establishing priorities and focus
- Leading change
- Developing yourself
Skill Level Advanced
1. Set a Direction
2. Motivate Commitment
3. Drive for Results
4. Develop Yourself
Leadership with legacy3m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.