Coordination requires organization and execution of tasks and actions. In this video, learn how to help your team work together and avoid interference.
- In my consulting work, I get to see a wide range … of organizations and how teams are operating within them. … One common theme I see is that people are not always clear … about the three types of teamwork. … Let's start with the simplest type which is coordination. … Simply defined, coordination … is the orchestrated efforts of individuals or groups … to align or synchronize separate actions. … This is where teams exchange relevant information … and resources in support of each other's distinct goals. … In other words, people co-ordinate, align or sync, … distinct efforts to create more efficiency … but they remain independent of each other. … They are essentially orchestrating their independent efforts … to avoid creating problems for each other … but they don't need each other to succeed. … In terms of skills, coordination requires … basic communication and planning skills. … An example of coordination … would be an IT department upgrading computers, … and separately facilities is changing out conference tables. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- How teams are structured today
- Teamwork types
- Promoting psychological safety
- Inclusion matters
- Creating success with local, virtual, and global teams
- Strategies for team leaders