Learn about how to better communicate due dates to avoid uncertainty about deadlines which can lead to missed assignments.
- When working in a team, … you'll sometimes run into a conflict over deadlines. … When this happens, how do you move … from conflict to coordination? … First, find out their expectations. … Ask when is the latest that this can be done? … I call this positive procrastination … and it forces you to get real about your true priorities. … Sometimes what someone thinks is a priority … is really an impatiency. … If your team creates the expectation … that you're always going to ask the … when is the latest question, … it will contribute to a culture … that makes careful, considerate decisions about deadlines. … In the beginning, you may want to discuss … why this question is valuable. … Set the expectation that you're not asking it … because you don't feel that what they're asking … is a priority, in fact, you ask this question … because it is important that you get it done … in a timely manner. … And understanding the true deadline, … helps you make smart decisions … when faced with multiple priorities. …
- Identify the end goal of a one-on-one meeting.
- Explain how to follow up after delegating a task to a team member.
- Recall one question you can ask to reduce unnecessary meetings.
- Identify the best way to approach a situation where a coworker is disorganized and struggles with time management.
- Give an example of advice you could offer a new manager concerning time management.