In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows how to convert text to a table, and a table to text in Microsoft Word.
(upbeat music)…- [Instructor] To convert a table to plain text…in Microsoft Word, highlight the entire table…by clicking the crosshair on the top left hand…side of the table.…Change to the layout tab, and click convert to text.…Choose what you want as the text delimeter.…For example, tabs.…Here's a problem.…This text is uneven.…And it would take too long to go through…and align the text with the tab key.…
We can convert it to a table, by selecting all of the text,…changing to the insert tab,…under table, select convert text to table.…In the separate text ad area, choose the delimeter.…That is, how Word is instructed to separate…the text into columns.…In this case, I have a dash mark.…
- Drawing a table
- Adding page breaks
- Formatting text in a table
- Using section breaks to control column layouts
- Properly adding space between paragraphs
- Starting page numbering later in a document
- Recovering a document after a crash
- Including both portrait and landscape pages in a document
- Saving to Google Drive from within Word
- Editing PDF content in Word
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Word 2016: Advanced Tips and Trickswith Nick Brazzi1h 41m Intermediate
1. Word Quick Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.