Helping others will help you achieve your career plan. In this video, learn to shape the foundation of your career through service and contribution, help others achieve their career goals by offering your passions, gifts, and talents, and contribute to the needs of others by creating a positive work culture.
- The context for everything you do, … the foundation for all the careers you'll have in your life … are service and contribution. … Let's talk about service. … To be of service to others … means to always have their needs in mind, … and to act accordingly. … Gandhi said, "The best way to find yourself … "is to lose yourself in the service of others." … Think of service as your philosophy of living. … If designing a career is about expressing your needs … by finding an outlet for your passions and talents, … the idea of putting the needs of others … may first seem counterintuitive. … You will discover your monetizable passions … if you haven't already, … and there may be a number of them during your lifetime. … Think of yourself as the conduit … between those passions and gifts and talents … and the people whose lives can be impacted, … because having the opportunity to work with you … gave them access to all that. … For example, Harold worked in an administrative job … in a hospital. …
- Understanding the 21st-century workplace
- Identifying your monetizable passion
- Knowing how to interview well
- Managing your search for work
- Negotiating salary
- Becoming a lifelong learner