Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Connections, part of Executive Leadership.
- Back when Jeff Bezos started amazon.com … as an online bookstore, people were … not comfortable buying on the internet. … Today's security measures weren't in place, … and people weren't used to giving away … their credit card numbers without … going to a physical store or seeing someone in person … they could confront if there was an issue. … It was new, it was scary. … Under those conditions, and not only that, … but without any press or any advertising, here's a question. … Out of the 50 states in the USA, … how many would you guess amazon.com sold books in … during its first 30 days in business? … A few? … A dozen? … That's the most people typically guess … when I ask this question in seminars. … The answer, all 50 states, and 45 countries. … How? … Well Bezos simply informed 300 people he knew … about the business and asked them to spread the word. … Because of the strength of those relationships … he cultivated long before he needed them, … it only took 300 people doing a simple favor for someone …
- The four disciplines of executive leadership
- Thinking strategically
- Creating shared purpose
- Inspiring confidence—even under pressure
- Motivating and communicating
- Establishing priorities and focus
- Leading change
- Developing yourself
Skill Level Advanced
1. Set a Direction
2. Motivate Commitment
3. Drive for Results
4. Develop Yourself
Leadership with legacy3m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.