Effective communication goes two ways. In this video, learn how to use techniques to help you connect with your audience.
- Connecting with others means making it about the person … you're talking to, or if it's a group, … the people you're talking to. … We do that by turning every important communication … into a two-way communication. … I define meaningful two-way communication very simply … as the delivery of one thought at one time. … Whether it's a one-on-one conversation during a meeting … at work or school, or in a large presentation setting, … one thought at one time, … and focus on the one thought as you say it. … Delivering one thought at one time slows down … the racing brain. … Delivering one thought at one time keeps you … in the present instant. … One thought, one time, lets you gauge … whether people are understanding the information … you're presenting. … It lets you pay more attention to the people … you're talking to, instead of focusing … and fixating on yourself. … So let's give this a for instance. … Let's imagine you're delivering a presentation … to your company's executive team, …
- Organizing your thoughts
- Speaking slowly, naturally, and confidently
- Breathing properly
- Using your body to reinforce speech
- Managing facial expressions
- Handling nervousness
- Voice modulation, eye contact, and gestures
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Be a Better Communicator
2. Honing Your Message
3. Say It Like You Mean It
4. Look Like You Mean It
5. Confronting Anxiety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.