In this video, Simon explains how to prevent conflict by setting boundaries and then what to do when conflict arises. He also explains how to preserve business relationships through conflict resolution.
- When we talk about networking and building relationships, … we speak a lot about adding value … and showing up for others. … But the flip side of that begs the question, … how do you push back and stand your ground when needed? … Where there are two or more people working together, … there is bound to be conflict, so let's first look … at how to prevent conflict, and then we'll get … into what to do when conflict arises. … First, establish healthy boundaries within your team, … and you'll prevent a lot of issues. … Boundaries include things like goals, … roles, responsibilities, and communication. … Clarify roles and responsibilities … so everyone is on the same page. … Decide what's important to a group … or a project at the very beginning, … then agree upon how you'll communicate. … There's no such thing as over-communication. … So, when a conflict arises, you can point back … to those agreed-upon boundaries to resolve the issue. … But, if conflict continues, … let the greater good be your guide. …
- Explain the importance of giving a good first impression.
- Recognize the importance of creating a shared bond.
- Identify tools for building relationships online.
- Recognize the right time to become a mentor to someone else.
- Name the factors that will help you identify the sweet spot for creating a project that serves both you and your organization.