- Define the "Name, Blame, Claim" cycle.
- Distinguish different types of conflict styles.
- Recognize contentious tactics.
- Identify issues and needs.
- Explain how to reframe.
- Increase conflict capacity.
Skill Level Beginner
- Not a day goes by that's free from conflict. Every day we run into situations where we have competing interests and needs around the use of our time and resources. Or we have strong differences of opinion about how to accomplish goals. On top of that, we have to deal with people that just seem to push our buttons. Hi, I'm Lisa Gates, a negotiation and leadership coach. And in this course you'll be learning a process that will help you find workability in challenging situations and relationships and find your way from conflict to cooperation.
We'll start by exploring how we get trapped in the name, blame, claim cycle and then focus on the resolution roadmap, a framework for resolving any conflict. Through practical exercises and scenarios, we'll demonstrate how to use skills like listening, asking diagnostic questions, labeling, and mirroring so you can turn around and implement those skills in your own conflict conversations. I invite you to use what you learn in this course immediately, so you can become fluent in the language of problem solving, a leadership skill that will increase your potential dramatically.