Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring the remote control, part of Learning Apple TV.
- Once you have everything else running,…there's a little bit more setup…that you might want to do…with the Apple TV's remote control.…So I'm going to go into Settings here on the Apple TV,…and I want to go the settings for…Remotes and Devices.…And we're going to play around…with some of the settings here.…So, first there's this option for Touch Surface Tracking.…As you use the touch surface on the remote…to move your selection around the screen,…you may decide that it feels too responsive,…or not responsive enough.…If you're selection moves too fast,…you can set the tracking speed to Slow…and see if that helps.…
Or you can speed it up by selecting Fast.…You can always come back here and change it,…so feel free to change the tracking speed…and see if it feels better for you.…I'm going to stick with Medium,…so I'll just select that.…Now we're going to talk about…setting up a Bluetooth device in another movie,…so I'm going to skip that,…and I'm going to go down to this next option.…So the next few steps here are all about…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.