Join Nir Eyal for an in-depth discussion in this video Conclusion, by Arianna Huffington, part of Becoming Indistractable.
- Since the pace of modern life is only going to accelerate,…and the number of technological distractions…is only going to increase, it's up to us to…take control of our environment, which includes…setting boundaries with our devices.…As Nia has shown, we have more power to do this…than we realize, and when we take steps…to become indestructible, everything improves,…from our performance to our ability to connect with others…and with the larger purpose of our lives.…Now that you're seen just how much control you have…over the forces of destruction, I hope you'll commit…to building your own indestructible habits.…
There's no better time to make small changes…that can have a big impact on your work and your life.…
- Determine what motivates action in the psychology of akrasia.
- Identify the cause of distraction.
- Explain how you can sacrifice some communication for better concentration.
- Recall a step that reduces distractions triggered by modern devices.
- Name the sphere in which you must begin to center your time.