- The power of body language
- What is nonverbal communication?
- Reading people
- Decoding body language cues
- Sending the right nonverbal message
- Reading and using positive body language
- Sending positive nonverbal cues
- Recognizing if someone is engaged
- Using confident body language
- Building rapport
- Spotting negative body language
- Changing your body language
Skill Level Intermediate
- It's the first thing people look at, it's the last thing people look at, but it's the part of your communication you probably never think about, your body language. In every single interaction, you're communicating who you are and what you want through your non-verbal behavior. In this course, I will teach you the two most essential non-verbal skills. First, how to read and interpret body language and non-verbal cues from others. I want you to be able to spot hidden emotions and subtle cues from others. And second, I want you to take control of the non-verbal cues you send to others. What's your body language saying? I'm going to show you how to take control of your non-verbal communication. My name is Vanessa Van Edwards and I'm Lead Investigator at Science of People, a human behavior research lab. I'm also the author of the best-selling book, Captivate, the science of succeeding with people. You are constantly using non-verbal gestures, posture, movement, nodding, and facial expressions, but most of us only focus on our words. It's time for you to use all of your abilities. In this LinkedIn Learning course, I will teach you how. Join me as we change the way you interact.