When creating or improving a culture of learning, common challenges arise. Articulating and providing strategies on approaching them will empower you to address them in constructive ways.
- As you launch your positive culture of learning, … it's likely that you'll hit some obstacles. … Let's talk through some common challenges. … First, people don't really understand the value … of building a culture of learning … or they cannot distinguish that … from just offering more training. … If that's the case, you'll need to educate them. … Use the information you've learned from this course … and couple it with material … from my Organizational Learning and Development course. … My book, "Wired to Grow," also has some great content … on the brain science of learning. … Use these materials to build a comprehensive proposal … where you can easily show the value to the organization … and also the return on investment, or ROI. … Second, your current learning programs are missing the mark … and your brand, or trusting your team, … has been harmed in the process. … To start, I recommend Jack Phillips' material … on demonstrating ROI. … Once you understand how to align behavior change …
- Demonstrate how to establish a growth mindset.
- Explain two methods to integrate learning into your organization.
- Demonstrate how to empower through knowledge sharing.
- Provide a way to overcome the three obstacles.
- Demonstrate a method for addressing opportunities.
- Explain three best practices to measuring success.