Learn how to avoid the most common pitfalls that can hurt your brand as a thoughtful social seller.
- I lived in San Francisco, California, … for a few years, and there was one very easy way … to identify a tourist who had never been to the city before. … They almost always would be wearing … a cheesy San Francisco sweater … that all the street vendors sold. … I didn't do a scientific study to why this was the case, … but here is my best guess. … Most first-time visitors have the misconception … that San Francisco is warm … and travel there very unprepared, … especially in the summer … and end up buying a sweater on their trip. … Just like spotting a tourist in San Francisco, … in social selling there are a few common mistakes … that will give you away as a newbie. … Let's talk about how to avoid these mistakes … because in sales you might not have … another shot to make a good impression. … I call the first one the hi and bye. … This is when in your very first interaction … with someone over social media … you try to pitch them your product or ask for a meeting. … Do not do this. …
- Recall three characteristics of a customer-centric profile.
- Learn the steps needed to build a customer centric profile.
- Identify three strategies for becoming a thought leader on social media.
- Discover strategies for positioning yourself as a thought leader in your industry on social media.
- Recognize the two types of buyer intent indicated by social data.
- Recognize the different signals of buyer intent on social media.
- Identify the version of LinkedIn designed particularly for salespeople
- Navigate the various social selling tools that can accelerate your journey.