Lack of strategy for collecting data can make it hard to identify useful insights. Learn about two major challenges that can limit analysis.
- [Narrator] Your marketing data … can get pretty complex rather quickly. … In this video, I will explain some of the common challenges … in ensuring that your marketing data … is being tracked effectively and stored in a way … that you can use later for analysis. … First, you need to understand what a goal conversion is … and how you can track this. … Google Analytics is the strongest tool … in terms of tracking marketing data. … It helps you understand how potential customers … are interacting with your website. … The aspects of Google Analytics … that makes things complicated are goals. … These are specific events … that a potential customer completes such as an email sign up … or a form completion that you set up for Google Analytics. … These goals are your website's KPIs … and depending on what kind of website you have, … there are different kinds of goals that are appropriate. … This is why creating goals cannot be automated. … Second, you need to be able to tie … all your marketing data sources together. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Differentiate between internal and external data sources.
- Describe the three types of data analytics.
- Classify the three main categories of marketing data.
- Give an example of each of the three types of marketing goals.
- Recognize the strengths of different visualization tools.
- Identify a benefit of having a solid reporting infrastructure.