To collaborate effectively, a team must share one synchronized goal. In this video, learn how to encourage creativity and trust to allow a team to succeed.
- The final and most complex type of teamwork … is collaboration. … And it's vital to the success of today's organizations. … And yet it's probably the least understood. … If you're like most people, … you often hear the term collaboration daily at work, … but people often use the term … when they actually mean cooperation or coordination. … Defined, collaboration is the mutual engagement … of a group of two or more in a co-creative effort … that achieves a shared vision or goal. … They are interdependent with each unique contribution … essential to the whole. … People co-labor in an act of creation … and the result is changed … by the input of all the contributors. … Finally, the goal of collaboration … is to achieve some sort of shared vision together. … This is not just executing a task, … but rather creating or innovating a new solution. … It's an act of co-creation … and each member brings their unique strengths … while respecting each other's contributions to the whole. … An example would be several people working together …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- How teams are structured today
- Teamwork types
- Promoting psychological safety
- Inclusion matters
- Creating success with local, virtual, and global teams
- Strategies for team leaders