The fourth step in a supply chain agenda is to collaborate externally. Work with your customers to streamline processes and eliminate waste, for example: direct-to-shelf delivery or drop shipping. Work with suppliers to improve quality and create shared value by establishing long term relationships. Provide suppliers with regular feedback and reward top performers with recognition and financial incentives.
- Competition doesn't just occur between companies.…Competition occurs between supply chains, too.…Where you really start to get benefits…from supply chain management is when you begin…to collaborate with your customers and suppliers.…That's why the fourth step in the new…Supply Chain Agenda is to collaborate externally.…So, let's look at how external collaboration…can help you streamline processes…and eliminate waste throughout your supply chain.…
One of the amazing things that you discover…in a supply chain is how small changes in one place…can have big impacts in another,…and when you can have candid conversations,…it's common to find lots of things…that your customers and your suppliers are doing…that are causing you to be less efficient than you could be.…And vice versa.…For example, let's say that you buy packaging materials…from a supplier on the other side of town.…
It's critical for your business…that you always have at least one palette…of these packing materials available.…So, there's someone on your team…
- Explore the fundamentals of source inputs within a supply chain.
- Examine the role of returning products in a supply chain.
- Determine how to calculate total costs.
- Explore the role of investing in flexibility when managing a supply chain.
- Discover how to increase visibility with a control tower.
- Identify the role innovation plays in supply chain management.
- Examine how artificial intelligence and machine learning help to monitor supply chain trends.
- Break down the fundamentals of selecting the right technology when implementing a supply chain agenda.
- Determine the best ways to collaborate externally when implementing a supply chain agenda.