In this video, explore coaching and mentoring techniques.
- Picture this, a sales teams isn't making their goals.…And the Sales Director, Jackson,…is at his whits end with one of…the lower performing employees named Carol.…Watch Jackson as he meets with his HR business partner…to gather feedback on his coaching skills.…- Did you see those new food trucks out front?…- [Jackson] Oh yes, can't wait to try them.…- With the grilled cheese?…- [Jackson] That was great cheese, great, I love it.…- I know, it's so good.…Well, I'm really glad we could meet today.…I wanted to talk with you a little bit about…how your coaching skills are coming along,…and this is based on my observations…of your meeting with Carol last week.…
- Ah, well, you know what?…I really been trying to think how I can get her…to bring her numbers up,…is there anything you've noticed?…- I'm really glad you asked.…- So, I thought there were a number of things…you did really well.…You stayed focused on results…and were very inspirational when Carol expressed…some disappointment with not meeting her sales quotas.…
- Determine which of the three organizational structures are most often used with different types of project.
- Explain how HR professionals establish trust with employees.
- Define the concept of “managing up.”
- Recognize the key elements of the Uniform Guidelines of Employee Selection Procedures.
- Summarize the four steps of the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Identify the characteristics of an entitlement compensation philosophy.
- Name another term used to describe a benefits needs assessment.
- List two things required for leaders when they provide feedback during a performance review.
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.