Co-authoring is when two or more people open and edit a document at the same time, and it is a core feature in Office 365 collaboration. In this video, see how to co-author a shared document from within the Word, PowerPoint, and Excel desktop applications, and from the web-based versions of those apps.
- [Instructor] In this movie I want to see…how we can coauthor files.…Coauthoring is when two or more people open…and edit the same file at the same time…on completely different computers.…And we're building on things we've seen…previously in this chapter.…To coauthor a document, it has to be stored…on OneDrive or Sharepoint.…Next you need to share that file with somebody…or somebody needs to share the file with you.…These are things we've covered in other movies.…But also the document in question needs to be…a Word, Excel, or PowerPoint document.…
These are the types of files that are capable…of being coauthored in Office 365.…So basically I just need to go to a file…that I have shared with somebody or has been shared…with me.…So let me go to OneDrive.…I could go to a Sharepoint document library,…but let's start with OneDrive.…And naturally I could go into a folder…on my OneDrive and find a document like this one…which I shared with somebody else.…I can open that document and the person…I've shared it with can open the document…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. This course is intended for end users of Office 365 Business or Enterprise, not Office 365 Home or Student users.
- Understanding the types of Office 365 accounts
- Managing collaborative conversations with Teams
- Working in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Touring the interface in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working with formatting tools
- Co-authoring documents from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Sharing files and co-authoring in Skype for Business