Learning about how different potential customer segments interact with email marketing campaigns is a great way to learn ways to improve email marketing decisions. Learn about the value of creating a tree map in Tableau to better analyze email marketing segments.
- [Instructor] One effective way of understanding how your customers are interacting with your emails is by setting the unique clicks. In this video we're going to walk through a very simple case study and look at different customer segments and how they are interacting with email marketing campaigns. Currently I am on a blank Tableau worksheet and we've connected to an email marketing data source. So the first step is to double click on Customer List. And the second step is just to pull in Total Unique Clicks. Now this text table is somewhat useful. You can see each individual customer list and how many clicks it's generating. But I would argue that this is sub optimal from a visual analytics standpoint. With just a click of the mouse we can turn this into a visualization that really pops. So if we come over to the Show Me tab and select tree map, you now can see the relationship amongst these different lists. In my opinion it sounds like we should be sending more email marketing campaigns to this target demographic group because we just don't have very many unique clicks here. One last step, let's change this from sheet two to unique clicks.
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Differentiate between internal and external data sources.
- Describe the three types of data analytics.
- Classify the three main categories of marketing data.
- Give an example of each of the three types of marketing goals.
- Recognize the strengths of different visualization tools.
- Identify a benefit of having a solid reporting infrastructure.