Learn about the value of emptying your mind with technology and the tools available to help you achieve this goal.
- When it comes to productivity, … one of the most powerful tools … is having a clean mind. … Now if you have a mind that's filled … with all different kinds of tasks … and to-dos, that becomes very distracting. … What we want to do is the moment one … of these things pops into your head, … you immediately gather it quickly … and put it into an approved gathering point. … I'll walk you through an example … in a moment, but first let's talk about some … of the principles behind this. … First, I recommend that you stay digital … in the way that you gather. … Yes, you can use a physical notepad … to gather these things, but there's real value … in having a device with you at all times … that can sync across multiple devices. … Second, you want to create a folder called inbox … where everything goes automatically. … If you're dumping these random ideas … into lots of different folders and sections, … they're likely to get lost. … Third is you want it to be able … to sync automatically, whether I'm using …
- Explain how social media can be used to improve focus and productivity.
- Define pinning.
- Examine techniques that will prevent reminders from being ignored.
- List three ways to back up data.
- Determine when it is useful to upgrade technology.