Learn how choosing the right learning metrics is critical for gaining a competitive advantage through learning.
- The purpose of applying metrics … to the L&D efforts of an organization … is to ensure that the efforts undertaken … yield valuable results that lead to a competitive advantage. … One of the problems is that L&D outcomes … are not always as cut and dried … as other organizational efforts. … This sometimes makes it difficult … to choose the right metrics. … For example, if the R&D department has a goal … of creating two new marketable products a year, … that's pretty straightforward. … Either two marketable products are created and sold … or they're not. … For L&D, the goal of improving corporate problem solving … or adhering to corporate policies is a little more vague. … How does one measure adhering to corporate policies … or improving problem solving? … The training department needs to break the vague goals … into measurable learning objectives … and then tie those objectives to corporate measurements. … Don't create separate L&D measurements of success. … Make L&D part of the overall success. …
- Building competitive advantage through L&D
- Meeting customer needs
- Adopting new technologies
- Rating your organization's L&D maturity level
- Aligning learning goals and business goals
- Monitoring L&D performance with analytics