In this video, learn the four steps to choosing the right story to tell in the right situation. These include: defining the main message, finding the success or failure, picking the best story, or even making one up.
- The most important part of storytelling … is choosing the right story to tell. … If you tell the wrong story, … it doesn't matter how well you tell it. … You won't accomplish your sales objective. … So, how do you come up with the right story to tell? … There are four steps you should follow. … Step one, define your objective. … Since the most important element of a great story … is that the story has a worthy lesson, … we have to start by determining … what lesson we want our audience to learn. … Specifically, what do you want your audience … to think or feel or do as a result of your story? … What is your main message? … Step two, look for a relevant success, failure, … or moment of clarity surrounding your objective. … In other words, think of times in the past … when you or someone else has done that thing very well … or utterly failed to do it … or when you learned that lesson the first time yourself. … Obviously, a story about someone successfully doing … what you want your audience to do …
- What is a sales story?
- Why tell sales stories?
- The 25 sales stories you need
- How to get buyers to tell their stories
- What makes a great story great?
- Choosing the right story to tell
- Finding great stories
- Story structures
- Challenge, conflict, and resolution
- Delivering stories verbally and in writing
- The ethics of storytelling