In this video, talk about choosing the right place to store your files. This is an important choice because where you store your files will affect whether you can share or co-author those files later. Learn about how to choose between SharePoint and OneDrive as a document storage location, weighing the benefits and differences between these two options.
- [Instructor] This chapter is all about…file storage and file sharing in the Cloud with Office 365.…And I think there's a progression…to what we're talking about here.…First, there is file storage.…You can store files on your computer or on the Cloud.…Once you understand your options there…we can talk about file sharing.…Then after that there's the real prize, co-authoring.…Co-authoring is when two or more people…can edit a document at the same time collaboratively.…And we're going to get into that later in this chapter.…
But first in this movie I want to start by choosing…the right place to store your files.…This is an important choice because where you store…your files will effect whether you can share…or co-author those files later.…So first let's look at your options.…You can store files locally on a drive on your computer.…That's the standard and there's not much…to talk about there.…But let's acknowledge the obvious,…if you save something on your computer's drive…it's in once place only.…You can access it when you're working…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. This course is intended for end users of Office 365 Business or Enterprise, not Office 365 Home or Student users.
- Understanding the types of Office 365 accounts
- Managing collaborative conversations with Teams
- Working in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Touring the interface in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working with formatting tools
- Co-authoring documents from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Sharing files and co-authoring in Skype for Business