Learn how charismatic leaders transform the organizations they lead. Learn how these leaders cast a vision for and inspire passion in their followers. Learn how you can create a vision and communicate it to inspire others.
- Martin Luther King Jr. was not elected, … he wasn't a CEO, and he didn't own a media empire, … and yet he transformed a nation. … Charismatic leaders like him, remind us that leaders … are not measured by the height of their position, … but by the power of their influence. … To better understand this influence, … let's look at charismatic leadership. … We look at examples of charismatic leaders, … consider what they have in common, … and briefly look at the pros and cons … of this kind of leadership. … So what makes somebody a charismatic leader? … Well, they have a powerful appeal … that excites and attracts devoted followers. … They inspire and empower us to achieve significant change. … We sometimes call them transformational leaders … because they want to transform their followers lives, … their organizations, and society. … For example, Winston Churchill, the British Prime Minister … during World War II, inspired a nation to fight … to the last man against Hitler. … Oprah Winfrey, the media mogul, inspires her followers …
- Summarize the advantages of an autocratic leadership style.
- Recognize the disadvantages of a democratic leadership style.
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader.
- Determine when the inclusive leadership style should be implemented.
- List the five characteristics of authentic leaders.