Use advanced lookup to change the default formatting of dates and names in an email.
- [Narrator] When you insert fields from the item…properties list using the reference panel on the right,…so double click on it and it shows up inside of this…task title.…The formatting of these fields, it looks like a…computer generated it.…I mean up in that subject; "Task Assigned -…Request for vacation from, i, colon, zero, pound ..."…We want to make this look a little bit more user friendly.…So what I'm going to show you how to do in this video is…I'm going to show you how to use an advanced lookup…where we can then format to just show the person's name…as opposed to that computer generated ID.…
Okay, so you're going to have to delete the one…that you used from the item properties list and…we're going to have to use an advanced lookup instead.…So this is going to be: list lookup, created by ...…And this is where we can see that FX button…so we can specify the format here, see that we want to…use that display name, click OK, click insert.…It looks the same but we've used the advanced lookup…to do it.…
Click save, and then re-publish the workflow.…
- Automating a workflow for manager approval
- Adding conditional branches to workflows
- Using variables and calculated dates
- Bringing external data into a workflow
- Reusing and moving workflows
- Creating and customizing a form
- Assigning field validation rules
- Using Nintex Forms
- Optimizing for mobile viewing
- Troubleshooting a suspended workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
Lightning Tools: Conductor Web Partwith Tiffany Songvilay52m 12s Advanced
1. Create an Approval Workflow
2. Add More Workflow Actions
3. Use Nintex Forms Designer
4. Monitor Your Workflows
Log to history list5m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.