Join Dan Weedin for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Apply your crisis recovery plan, part of Protecting Profitability by Reducing Financial Risk.
- Now it's time to put your newfound knowledge…to its own pressure test.…In this challenge video I'm going to give you…your own crisis.…Your mission is to take what you've learned from this course…and answer the following questions.…What is your recovery time objective?…In other words, when will you ideally be back…to full operations?…What are the top three things, in priority order,…that must occur first?…List as many things as possible…that would accelerate your recovery.…
How will you know when recovery is taking place?…Be specific.…As a debrief, what could you and your team…improve to have made the recovery time faster or better?…In the solution video I'll go through…some sample response to these questions.…But for now, it's your turn.…Gather your people together and work on it as a team.…Write down your answers and bring them to the next video.…
Here's a scenario.…You arrive at your office to find that a water pipe…for one of the toilets burst.…It has been gushing all night.…Every inch of your office space is flooded.…
- Explain the process of identifying exposures.
- Cite examples of transferring risk.
- Name the tools used for implementation and monitoring risks.
- Define “organizational amnesia” and explain how to prevent it.
- Describe security concerns an organization may have and explain the cybersecurity tools that may be used to mitigate them.
- Identify the benefits of an employee handbook for mitigating risks.
- Explain the various parts of an insurance policy.
- Summarize the importance of a business continuity plan and describe the steps for creating one.