Join author and CEO Lisa Bodell for an exploration of how to manage the risks that come with the rewards of innovation.
- In a McKinsey survey, 94% of managers said they were dissatisfied with their company's innovation performance. If you're among that 94%, this course will help you transform your approach to innovation. I'm Lisa Bodell, author and CEO of FutureThink, which was named New York's most innovative firm in 2019 by "Corporate Vision Magazine." Here, I'm going to be sharing with you the same techniques that we use with clients like Google, Novartis, and more. Through this course, you'll get on a first-name basis with the five phases of the innovation process. You'll see how leading innovators, like Tesla and Pixar manage and balance risk and decide which of their best practices are right for your own company. You'll recognize the value of innovating with strategy, and learn the three steps to building a strategic innovation program. And finally, you'll be able to determine an acceptable level of innovation risk for your org and understand the actions required to reach that level. Whether you're a leader, or you're on the team that's tasked with innovating, you'll discover tons of pro tips for navigating the process from the light bulb moment to launch day. Ready to do this? Meet me at the next video.
- Challenging your risk tolerance
- Applying the five phases of innovation
- Developing an innovation strategy
- Committing to innovation
- Defining a smart risk
- Managing your idea pipeline
- Evaluating ideas like a pro
- Measuring innovation when it counts
- How top innovators manage risk
- Achieving a balanced innovation portfolio