Imagine that you are running a pizza restaurant. Think about all of the processes that are required to make and sell a pizza to a customer. Draw a process map that explains how you will plan, source, make, and deliver a pizza. Think about how you will handle returns, and what other processes you need to be able to provide your customers with the pizzas they want to buy.
- Let's do an exercise to show how a process framework…can help you identify the decisions you need to make,…and the processes you need to manage in a supply chain.…All you need is a sheet of paper and a pencil.…You can draw six boxes like these,…or if you have access to the exercise files,…you can download a blank template.…Now, imagine that you're running a pizza restaurant.…Think about all the processes that are required…to make and sell a pizza to a customer.…
List as many processes as you can think of…for each of the process groups.…Don't forget to think about how you'll handle returns,…and what enabling processes you'll need…to provide customers with the pizzas they want to buy.…There isn't a right answer for this exercise.…It's just a chance to practice describing a business,…using processes, and then organizing them…with a process framework.…Try it on your own first,…then, check out the answer sheet to see…a few of the processes that I think would be important.…
- Explore the fundamentals of source inputs within a supply chain.
- Examine the role of returning products in a supply chain.
- Determine how to calculate total costs.
- Explore the role of investing in flexibility when managing a supply chain.
- Discover how to increase visibility with a control tower.
- Identify the role innovation plays in supply chain management.
- Examine how artificial intelligence and machine learning help to monitor supply chain trends.
- Break down the fundamentals of selecting the right technology when implementing a supply chain agenda.
- Determine the best ways to collaborate externally when implementing a supply chain agenda.