In this video, Dan walks the viewer through a simulation of the AI issue discussed earlier and challenges your newly developed knowledge.
(gentle music)…- It's one thing to read about risk management…or even watch a video.…Don't get me wrong, you should do that.…But let's do a practical exercise,…and specifically, we'll address artificial intelligence.…In this video, I'll give you a scenario…and an assignment based on that scenario.…Then in the next video, we'll discuss how best…to address that assignment.…So here is a scenario.…Your employee's online information and behaviors…are scraped from social networks like Twitter,…Facebook, and Instagram.…
The cyber criminals then utilize bots, AI,…to use the information scraped from the accounts…to create custom emails that entice the employee…to click a link.…They're highly sophisticated and look legitimate.…Once the employees click,…their email accounts are hacked and the bots can send email…from them to mimic the writing style of your employees.…Your client base and suppliers all receive an email…sent from your employees…by the cyber criminal's artificial intelligence robots…enticing them to click on a different virus-laden link.…
- Recall the detrimental effects a BOT attack can have on a company’s customer database.
- Recognize which individuals companies frequently fail to include in mid-crisis actions.
- Determine how Google Alerts can help a company protect itself against threats.
- Identify a threat that is least likely to cause a company financial harm.
- Define “culture shock” in the context of business operations.
- Name a type of leader that often uses their position for personal prestige rather than performing their roles.
- Predict what will happen with business insurance as technology evolves.