In this video, discover how to calculate your velocity.
- In 1914 Henry Ford noticed that his employees … worked best when limited to eight hours. … After eight hours their productivity began to slow down. … That's why Ford Motor established the 40 hour work week. … The change increased their productivity … and many companies soon followed. … That's why the 40 hour work week became standard. … In the 1980s fewer people worked in manufacturing. … They became desk workers and computer programmers. … Because of this, many employers felt … that the 40 hour work week was dated, … it only made sense in manufacturing. … Working a 70 hour work week became a badge of honor … for desk working go-getters. … The Agile framework pushes back … on this ever expanding work week. … Agile promotes the idea that people should go home … at a reasonable hour. … Often developers will think more clearly … when they're driving home, or walking their dog. … An Agile project should have a challenging pace. … There shouldn't be any project crashes. … The team shouldn't have a flurry of activity …
- Explain how a sprint differs from a traditional project.
- Name three user roles.
- Define the acronym INVEST and explain its purpose.
- List three main sections of a project charter.
- Identify the benefits of planning poker.
- Recall the challenges associated with the sprint backlog.