- Interpret the appropriate actions for an upstander.
- Describe the role of a bystander.
- Explain the inhibitors for why bystanders may not speak up.
- Differentiate the tools an upstander uses.
- Formulate the best approach for when to speak up as part of an upstander culture.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Working in an environment that feels toxic can certainly make you feel helpless. I've been there myself, and I've engaged with thousands of employees over the years who felt helpless, too, but you're not helpless. You can change the trajectory of your organization's culture and you can do that by being an upstander. My name is Catherine Mattice Zundel, and I've been helping organizations resolve toxic work environments for over a decade. My clients have ranged from Fortune 500s to small businesses and everything in between. We're here to give you real tools and strategies for being an upstander, so get your confidence on and let's go.