Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Buying and downloading apps, part of Up and Running with Apple TV.
- Installing additional apps is a new feature…that was introduced with the 4th Generation Apple TV,…so it's not available on the 3rd Generation Apple TV.…But some of the apps that we'll see in this movie,…particularly those for online video streaming services…like Netflix and Hulu, will come pre-loaded…on the 3rd Generation Apple TV.…So you don't need to install them on that device.…But video games, which represent…a lot of the apps that you can install,…will only be available on the 4th Generation Apple TV.…If you've used the Apps Store on an iPhone or an iPad…in the past, this is going to look very familiar.…
So in order to get new apps, you will need to be…signed in to an Apple ID for the iTunes store.…So, if you go down to Settings, into Accounts,…you want to make sure that you're logged into…your Apple ID for the iTunes and App Store.…We saw how to do this earlier in the course.…And you must have a credit card attached to that account…before you can buy any app that costs money.…So, I have that all set up, so I'm going to hit the…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.