- Traits of good business processes
- Determining why a business process isn't working
- Setting realistic business process improvement goals
- Using flowcharts to design and develop new processes
- Crafting a road map to implement a new process
- Pitching your solution to stakeholders
Skill Level Intermediate
- Organizations are made up of hundreds of interconnected business processes. Imagine if you could build new business processes for your company or what if you had the skills to improve their present business processes? This is the type of superpower companies are dying to have in their employees. Good business processes give organizations the power to satisfy both customers and employees. Good business processes can drive reliable and consistent results and good business processes give you the power to grow.
I'm going to help you discover the difference between good and bad business processes and help you explore the systems of investigation, research, analysis, and sharing. You'll also get some tips on being a good change agent and then you'll be ready to acquire the skills to improve business processes within your company. Hi, my name is Eddie Davila. Join me in acquiring the power to help your company improve and grow.