Discover how broader exposure through a matrixed organization connects you to people you might not ordinarily meet in a traditional organization. This can rapidly build your network if you're rigorous about taking advantage of the opportunity. Get to know the players in the organizations you're matrixed into. Learn how to build relationships with them and maintain those relationships even after your role changes.
- Broader exposure through a matrix organization…connects you to people you might not…ordinarily work with in a traditional organization.…This can rapidly build your network…if you take advantage of the opportunity.…Get to know the players in a matrix organization.…Build relationships with them…and maintain those relationships…even after your role changes.…An expanded network can help you in a lot of ways.…It can help you get answers you need more quickly.…
It can help you identify talent for open roles…on your team.…It will help you build support for your recommendations,…and it can even create great job opportunities for you.…To build your network, identify people you wouldn't…ordinarily work with.…Set time to meet them and learn about their areas…and their agendas.…Connect with them regularly to stay on top…of the latest happenings.…I recommend you connect with them at least quarterly.…
And look for opportunities to be helpful to them…in any way you can.…Consider sending them articles and books…that may be of interest to them.…
- Identify examples of a matrixed organization.
- Explore the best ways to lead employees through delegating and trusting.
- Discover why it is important for matrixed employees to clarify their responsibilities.
- Examine the importance of clear accountabilities when working in informal matrices.
- Identify the fundamentals of goal setting in informal matrices.
- Recognize ways to build business acumen.
- Break down the best ways to generate new opportunities in a matrixed organization.