If you can put yourself in your customer’s shoes, then you can sell in a way that feels comfortable for them and actually start to build a relationship. In this video, learn tips on how to demonstrate empathy for your customers.In addition, watch a role play in which a sales consultant uses one of these empathy-building techniques.
- Empathy is the ability to understand the emotional state…and feelings of others.…In sales, if you can put yourself in your customer's shoes,…then you can sell in a way that feels comfortable for them…and actually starts to build a relationship.…So how do you develop empathy?…Have a service orientation.…To be empathetic, you have to be willing to serve.…You have to be genuinely interested in helping others…get what they want before you are able to get what you want.…
In sales, that means focusing on the customer needs…before you think about your own quota.…But it requires you to go a step further than that.…Even if you have great ideas on how to grow their business…or enhance their bottom line, you have to focus first…on what they are telling you.…Tailor your approach.…Every customer is different,…and every situation is different.…As a sales professional, you need to tailor your approach.…Adjust your message, your tone, and your body language…based on what your customer needs in the moment.…
Tailoring your approach tells the customer immediately…
- What are soft skills?
- Why soft skills matter in sales
- Connecting with your customer
- Developing your emotional intelligence for sales
- Collaborating effectively with your team
- Being confident in your sales decisions
- Building your empathy muscle in sales
- Integrating soft sales skills with hard sales skills
- Leveraging storytelling in sales