In this video, learn how to build effective and respectful relationships with colleagues.
- One of the first things I do when I start a new job,…is look for something I can do right away…to help my colleagues.…Maybe it's taking part of a project off their hands,…or helping craft a presentation.…This strategy quickly establishes my personal brand…as a person who is collaborative, reliable, and trustworthy.…Building trust-based relationships is the cornerstone…of becoming a credible activist.…A credible activist is an HR professional…who's invited to make meaningful contributions…to business decisions because of their business knowledge,…ability to recommend sound business practices,…and skill in building…and maintaining effective relationships.…
So what do HR pros need to be recognized as credible?…What skills are needed to influence people…in an impactful way?…First, HR pros must expand their network,…both internally and externally.…Networking happens when you develop…mutually beneficial connections with people.…To network effectively, you should find colleagues…that have something you would like to have,…
- Determine which of the three organizational structures are most often used with different types of project.
- Explain how HR professionals establish trust with employees.
- Define the concept of “managing up.”
- Recognize the key elements of the Uniform Guidelines of Employee Selection Procedures.
- Summarize the four steps of the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Identify the characteristics of an entitlement compensation philosophy.
- Name another term used to describe a benefits needs assessment.
- List two things required for leaders when they provide feedback during a performance review.
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.