In today's work environment, many business relationships unfold online. In this video, Simon teaches how to shape your online presence, master virtual communication, and how to use social platforms to build relationships within your company.
- According to Gallup, 43% of U.S. employees … work remotely at least some of the time. … That means you'll be building a lot of relationships online. … So you will want to communicate clearly … to establish those connections. … Let's take a look at how to do that. … So, start by making sure your online presence … represents your personal brand. … By now you probably screen your social media photos, … but do you intentionally curate content … so the experience of meeting you online … matches the in-person experience? … The articles you share, comments you make, … and your tone of voice should reflect your values, … goals, and priorities. … Now, you can still post photos of your dog … or awesome trip you took. … What I'm saying is that mixed … in between your personal photos should be articles … and commentary about your industry, your volunteer efforts, … and updates about what you're working on. … The point is not to be self-promotional, … but to highlight what you do and what matters to you. …
- Explain the importance of giving a good first impression.
- Recognize the importance of creating a shared bond.
- Identify tools for building relationships online.
- Recognize the right time to become a mentor to someone else.
- Name the factors that will help you identify the sweet spot for creating a project that serves both you and your organization.