- List the two criteria people use to evaluate trustworthiness.
- Recognize the impact of unintentional bias on trust.
- Identify the five predictors of trust.
- Choose a tactful way to share accomplishments that builds perception of competence.
- Contrast ways a shared-space team and a virtual team build trust differently.
- Break down the components of a trust-rebuilding apology.
Skill Level Beginner
- Trust, it decreases turnover, increases innovation and pushes individual performance. When trust takes a hit, so does business. In this LinkedIn course I'll share ways for you build trust with others, demonstrate that you can be trustworthy in challenging situations like working with a remote team, and what to do when trust has been broken. As you watch, think of a specific relationship in your life where building and maintaining trust is critical and apply the concepts to that important relationship.
As John Pepper, the former CEO of P&G once said, "Despite its powerful benefit, trust is the single "hardest quality to create in any organization, "and it's fragile." So join me, Brenda Bailey Hughes in my course Building Trust.