- Explain the importance of giving a good first impression.
- Recognize the importance of creating a shared bond.
- Identify tools for building relationships online.
- Recognize the right time to become a mentor to someone else.
- Name the factors that will help you identify the sweet spot for creating a project that serves both you and your organization.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Have you ever wondered why some people in the office seem to have all the luck, get the best promotions and maintain professional momentum all the time? It's because they're collecting and cashing in on the most powerful career currency there is, business relationships. LinkedIn hiring expert Lou Adler says, "85% of all jobs are filled by networking." That means if you want a new job and that includes getting a promotion, you'll need to master the art of building business relationships. The problems most people face are they don't know where to start or feel like it's inauthentic to have a strategy. They don't know how to create the access they need to get in front of the right people or they spend too much time barking up the wrong trees without any return on their efforts. The fact is you can build meaningful business relationships by focusing on four key areas of impact. We'll be exploring these throughout this course by following Denise and Pablo as they put practical strategies into place and I'll even share personal experiences that have transformed relationships in my own professional life. I'm Simon T. Bailey and I'm a breakthrough strategist who's been working for, speaking to and consulting with the biggest brands you know for over 30 years. Join me on LinkedIn Learning and I'll teach you how to get in front of people who matter, focus your efforts to maximize your result and build authentic business relationships that will take your career to new heights.