Learn how to help your organization make the transition from traditional waterfall project management to agile project management.
- Agile methods and practices have become the preferred method for delivering software for most companies. Are you in an organization already using Agile practices? Are you moving to Agile practices now or will be in the future? Either way, since Agile practices are so common now, it makes sense for you to know what Agile is, how the most popular framework functions, and how to leverage Agile for your competitive advantage. In this course, we'll take a deep dive into what it means to be Agile. We'll identify where you might find stumbling blocks to agility. Finally, we'll explore implementing Agile practices using Scrum. Hi, I'm Kelley OConnell and I've been leading projects for over 20 years. The first half of my career was spent as a waterfall project manager. I made the shift to Agile more than 10 years ago and have been leading and coaching Agile teams ever since. By the end of this course, you'll be well on your way to becoming Agile. So let's get started.
- How agile changes the way that value is delivered
- Identifying challenges to an agile transition
- Finding and leveraging support for your agile efforts
- Responding to resistance
- Building a team for your agile pilot
- How the scrum framework functions
- Hosting sprint planning events
- Sprint execution and measurement