Discover that the average worker currently holds ten different jobs before age forty, and this number is projected to grow, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- When you've put in effort to connect yourself to the purpose of your organization and in your role and then you leave, it's kind of sad even if you're leaving on really good terms for a better opportunity. - Yeah, and it sometimes feel like you're just starting from the ground up, just like every other aspect of a new job, trying to tap into a new purpose, and adjust you mindset to a different impact, it can be really challenging. But it is a challenge that almost everyone is gonna have to overcome at some point in their careers.
- [Woman] Absolutely, the average worker currently holds 10 different jobs before they even turn 40 and that number is only projected to grow. You know it's easy to focus on what might be different in a new job, but instead focus on what stays the same. And don't discount the impact that you did have just because it's a change doesn't mean all that's erased and you're starting from scratch, it just means you're moving on with purpose in a different direction. And give it some time, you might not feel as deeply emotionally connected on day one the way you did during year six of your last job.
- But connection and meaning are actually transcendent qualities, they are not job dependent. You know one of the advantages of being new in a role is you can choose to show up emotionally in whatever way you want. - Right, people don't know you any differently, so if you wanna be a better listener or be more purposeful in your language, you can start immediately with with no pushback and no one going, well you've changed. You're always at choice about how to you show up with every new job, you're creating your life story and you get to decide whether it's a purposeful story.
- Identify the fundamentals of connecting money with meaning at work.
- Examine the art of framing as it pertains to your job.
- Explore ways of utilizing stories to animate a meeting.
- Discover the best steps to use when dealing with naysayers.
- Break down the fundamentals of connecting your life with your work by bringing purpose with you.