Breathing is essential for managing stress and concentration. In this video, learn how to breathe effectively.
- Do you ever stop to recognize … that often in stressful situations, … especially when your confidence is low, … that your breathing goes haywire? … In moments of nervousness, during meetings, … presentations, or difficult conversations, … people can lose touch with themselves. … Sometimes they stop breathing or engage in shallow gasps … forcing their chest to pump and heart to beat fast. … Often they're not breathing at all, … instead holding their breath, … and that leaves us more tense and less natural. … When we engage in high-chested breathing or hold our breath … we cut our oxygen supply, … making it difficult for us to think or concentrate. … Now within the context of communicating … we stop breathing when we lose our place, … forget what we want to say, … or when someone asks a tough question. … That's why breathing is especially important … when you're listening to a question. … I even advise people to write the word breathe … on every page of their notes to give them reminders …
- Organizing your thoughts
- Speaking slowly, naturally, and confidently
- Breathing properly
- Using your body to reinforce speech
- Managing facial expressions
- Handling nervousness
- Voice modulation, eye contact, and gestures
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Be a Better Communicator
2. Honing Your Message
3. Say It Like You Mean It
4. Look Like You Mean It
5. Confronting Anxiety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.