In this video, explore common challenges with identifying roles in an agile team.
- Just because you're starting something new, … doesn't mean you're starting with a new team. … Most of your team will likely be long term employees … trying something new. … If they've never worked with Agile before, then they're … likely to have legacy hats. … The developers are not always used to being responsible … for delivery, in traditional project management … the project manager takes on this responsibility. … Agile breaks up this arrangement. … The developers are expected to interact directly … with the product owner, they will break down high value … items into their daily tasks. … They will also create estimates of their own work. … The developers don't need to satisfy management, … instead they need to focus on delivery. … These changes may be a challenge when a developer's … spent years working behind the scenes. … If your developers are having a tough time shaking … these habits there's a few things to keep in mind. … The first is the Spider-Man rule of management: … with great power comes great responsibility. …
- Starting agile in your organization
- Defining team roles and responsibilities
- Letting the team self-organize
- Training the team
- Thinking and delivering like an agile team
- Avoiding pitfalls