In this video, Dan talks about how social media does and will increase reputational and brand risk for any organization.
- When I was a kid there was a famous shampoo commercial…where a woman would express her happiness with the product…by telling two friends who told two friends…and so on and so on as multiple women emerged on the screen,…visually showing the power of the testimonial.…That 40-year-old commercial is still indicative of the power…of brand today; however, the telling has become exponential…because of social media.…
Now you tell 1000 friends and they tell 1000 friends…and so on and so on and so on.…Brand protection must be part…of a strong risk management program.…If a company is not maximizing its message…and/or is unaware of what is being said…about them on social media,…then the consequences on the brand value are significant.…Here are three examples of how your brand…can be damaged if you're not paying attention.…
Fake news.…If you think that fake news is limited to politics,…you're mistaken.…Stories abound of fake news planted in small towns…where news spreads faster than wild fire.…It might be the brain child of a competitor…
- Recall the detrimental effects a BOT attack can have on a company’s customer database.
- Recognize which individuals companies frequently fail to include in mid-crisis actions.
- Determine how Google Alerts can help a company protect itself against threats.
- Identify a threat that is least likely to cause a company financial harm.
- Define “culture shock” in the context of business operations.
- Name a type of leader that often uses their position for personal prestige rather than performing their roles.
- Predict what will happen with business insurance as technology evolves.