- Assess how your body language signals are perceived.
- Discover how to align your body language with your words.
- Determine how to make a positive first impression.
- Identify how to convey confidence.
- Evaluate your vocal tone.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Many people think body language for leaders is an interesting topic. They're wrong. Body language is not only interesting, it's a crucial ingredient in effective communication. And most leaders are totally unaware of how their body language is supporting or sabotaging their leadership goals. The body language tips and strategies I'll share in this course will help you project both authority and empathy. You'll become aware of how people read your non-verbal messages and why your body language doesn't always say what you intended. You'll find out how to make a positive first impression in a matter of seconds and how to project confidence even when you're feeling uncertain. I'll cover the ways in which gestures, space, tone of voice, and even your feet can add credibility to what you're saying. You'll learn the role that body language plays in cross-cultural communication and how to use body language to project leadership presence. I'm Carol Kinsey Goman, the author of three books on body language in the workplace. In my seminars and private coaching sessions, I've helped thousands of executives, managers, team leaders, and supervisors to increase their ability to impact and influence others. I hope you'll let me be your coach, I'll help you find ways to use body language that shows you at your leadership best.